Here is a list of evidence based resources used in compiling the information for this website. We are grateul to the numerous professionals who have shared their knowledge and experience
with us to provide a resource for Utah. Please contact us if you have any questions or suggestions for the website.
- Wheeler, E. Opioid Overdose Prevention Programs Providing Naloxone to Laypersons – United States 2014.
MMWR. June 19, 2015; 64(23);631-635.
- Fondario, A. Utah Department of Health Fall Substance Abuse Conference 2012. Prescription Drugs in Utah.
- CDC/NCHS, National Vital Statistics System, Mortality file.
- CDC/NCHS, National Vital Statistics System; and Warner M, Chen LH, Makuc DM, Anderson RN, Miniño AM. Drug poisoning
deaths in the United States, 1980–2008. NCHS data brief, no 81. Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics. 2011. http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db81.htm
- Utah DOH 2013 http://www.health.utah.gov/vipp/pdf/FactSheets/2012RxOpioidDeaths.pdf
- Dart R, et al. Trends in Opioid Analgesic Abuse and Mortality in the United States
NEJM Jan 15, 2015. 372:241-248
- Utah State Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health. SHARP Survey. http://dsamh.utah.gov/data/sharp-student-use-reports/
- CDC Vital Signs. Today’s Heroin epidemic. July 7, 2015. http://www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns/heroin/
- Public Health Law Research. Naloxone Access Laws. http://publichealthlawresearch.org/evidence-and-experts/law-atlas
- Maxwell S, et al. J Addict Dis. 2006; 25(3):8996
- Community Management of Opioid Overdose, World Health Organization http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/137462/1/9789241548816_eng.pdf?ua=1&ua=1
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Opioid Overdose Toolkit, 2014 http://store.samhsa.gov/shin/content//SMA14-4742/Overdose_Toolkit.pdf
- Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention Toolkit for downtown Ogden http://www.health.utah.gov/vipp/pdf/RxDrugs/rx-toolkit-ogden-web.pdf
- Prescribe to Prevent http://prescribetoprevent.org/
Professional Resources used in creating this website.
Please contact us for their direct contact information if needed.
Medical and Background Information: Jennifer Plumb, MD, MPH
Pharmacology Information: Chris Stock, PharmD and Nick Weaver, PharmD
Program and Logistical Information: Sam Plumb, MPA, MPH